Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Surgery Update....

Buzz's surgery was *hopefully* successful.  The vet said it is hard to know exactly how much of a limp, etc he will have until he heals.  Each dog is different.  He was on IV fluids and resting comfortably at around 5:30 this evening when I talked to the vet.  We should be able to bring him home sometime tomorrow morning (after they have long enough to check him out and make sure he's doing well enough to come home.)  I have to take him for a check-up every week for 6-14 weeks, depending on how fast he heals.  One of Buzz's pelvic bones is broken as well.  However, Dr. Reese said that it wasn't as bad as he first thought (based on the initial x-ray from the emergency vet).  He said that with all the rest Buzz will be getting for his leg, the hip will heal on it's own (and of course he will be monitoring it every week). 

I have requested a furniture rearrangement (to the work boy, Scott) so that I can create Buzz a new living space on the tile in my room (where he will be recieving ridiculous amounts of love and attention)!

I will post pics after Buzz gets all moved in :)  I can't wait to bring him home!! (& neither can Christian, who asks me about him 75,000 times per day!)

No comments: