Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Amazing...

Yes, Oprah has done a few things that have ticked us off at times.  However, that doesn't change that fact that she is a wealth of amazing knowledge and wisdom.  I just finished watching her last show EVER.  Here are some of the awesome things I took away from that show.  Please, please take a few minutes and think about these things- this is SO much wisdom packed into a few short paragraphs....

"Nobody but you is responsible for your life. It doesn't matter what your mama did; it doesn't matter what your daddy didn't do. You are responsible for your life. ... You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself, and you're responsible for the energy that you bring to others."   ***How amazing and true is that??  Ya know that bad hair day, can't find anything to wear, car got a flat tire....attitude you just took out on the lady in the drive-thru window?  You just turned her attitude sour, which in turn created a ripple effect.***


"You're worthy because you are born and because you are here. Your being here, your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough."

"I have felt the presence of God my whole life. Even when I didn't have a name for it, I could feel the voice bigger than myself speaking to me, and all of us have that same voice. Be still and know it. You can acknowledge it or not. You can worship it or not. You can praise it, you can ignore it or you can know it. Know it. It's always there speaking to you and waiting for you to hear it in every move, in every decision. I wait and I listen. I'm still—I wait and listen for the guidance that's greater than my meager mind."

"What I've gleaned from this show: Whispers are always messages, and if you don't hear the message, the message turns into a problem. And if you don't handle the problem, the problem turns into a crisis. And if you don't handle the crisis, disaster. Your life is speaking to you. What is it saying?"


***Wow....does that give ya enough to think about for awhile?!?!**** :)

No comments: